Sicilian Chicken With Lemon, Mint and Almonds
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This was the Winning Recipe for 1994 in the San Francisco Chronicle, by Marlena Spieler.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 roasting chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 10 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- Combine the chicken, garlic, 2/3 cup of the mint, the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a plastic container. Cover tightly. Refrigerate overnight, or up to 2 days. Remove chicken from marinade and wipe dry. Reserve the marinade.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken legs, thighs and wings; saute 20 to 25 minutes, turning several times. Add the breast pieces and saute for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Discard the fat in the pan, then add the wine and cook over high heat until reduced by half, stirring to incorporate the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken broth and reserved marinade and cook over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup. Taste for seasoning, then pour the sauce over chicken. Garnish with almonds and the remaining mint.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION