- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 3 pepperoncini peppers, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- tomatoes, slices
- Heat grill.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, salt and pepper. Mix. Shape into 8 thin patties, 4 inches in diameter.
- In another bowl, combine onion, olives, chilies, basil and salad dressing. Mix well.
- Place 1/4 of mixture on top of each of the 4 patties to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Top with remaining patty and seal edges.
- Grill 10-12 minutes, turning once.
- Put cheese on patty and serve on rolls.