Shrimps and Cherry Tomatoes En Papillotte
photo by Papa D 1946-2012
- Ready In:
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, roughly chopped (kalamata)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, tail on
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Set the barbecue to medium-high heat. Cut 4 pieces of foil paper of 32 inch x 12 inch. Fold each piece in 2 in a way to obtain 4 rectangles of 16 inch x 12 inch. Generously, put oil on the foil or spray with Pam.
- In a large bowl, mix half oil, salt and pepper. Add cherry tomatoes and olives and stir. Distribute this mixture on the rectangles of foil paper, leaving each half of rectangle empty. In the same bowl, mix garlic, lemon zest and remaining oil, salt and pepper. Add shrimps and stir to coat well. Distributes the shrimps on the tomatoes. Fold the foil paper on the shrimps in a way to form a papillotte and seal hermeticaly.
- Put the papillottes on the grill of the barbecue and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until shrimps are pink. Slowly open the papillottes and pour in plates. Sprinkle each serving with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
"EXCELLENT" This has so much flavor for such a simple recipe. I made as written using head on shrimp as that is one of my favorite ways to cook shrimp, adds a depth of flavor in my opinion. I also used black Kalamata olives and once assembled I baked them at 400?F for about 20 minutes and they came out perfect, moist and full of flavor. Thanks for a keeper that will be made often! Made for "Summer Photo Tag 2012"
I gave this 5 stars because I loved, loved, loved this dish. However, I have to say up front that my husband did not like it at all. The combination of ingredients--all though he likes them all separately--was not his thing. I think it was too much lemon zest for him, so anyone who's sensitive to that might want to cut back a bit. No problem. I love lemon zest. More shrimp for me! :-) I made this more or less according to recipe. However it was -12? C outside in Switzerland, so I combined all ingredients in a pan and broiled the whole thing on parchment paper under the broiler, not on the grill. Also, I added some hot pepper. Totally banging! Thanks, Boomette.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong><span>I'm the host of Bargain Basement tag game in the cooking game forum. You're welcome to play anytime. You'll be surprised to find great recipes that were never reviewed. <br /></span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p><strong><span>I want to say a big thank you to everyone who tries my recipes and post photos. I don't always have the time to say thanks to each of you but be sure it's so appreciated :)</span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/zwt6%20banners%20and%20photos/captain.jpg alt=width=150 height=200 /></p> <p><br /><img src=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/emmyduckie/zwt/ZwizzleBadge.jpg alt=width=200 height=300 /><br /> <br /><a title=banner3 href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26630178@N05/3510953178></a><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3510953178_b35b3086a8.jpg alt=banner3 width=500 height=250 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> By Brooke The Cook in WI <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=3510511#3510511> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /> <br /></a><a title=Photo href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/boomette1/514183676></a><img src=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/252/514183676_f79b486466_m.jpg alt=good width=240 height=137 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p> <p><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/ZTAA-sm.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p> <p><img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/Pets-STKR.jpg alt=width=200 height=200 /></p>