Shrimp With Rice Stick Noodles and Vegetables (Ww)
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 4 ounces rice sticks
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas, trimmed and cut in half diagnolly
- 1⁄2 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a small cup combine dressing ingredients (vinegar - sesame oil), whisking until smooth.
- In a large pot of boiling water cook noodles according to package directions (my package didn't have cooking directions, so I cooked them for 5 minutes), with a slotted spoon transfer noodles to a colander and drain (reserving cooking water in pot). Rinse under cold running water; drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Return cooking water to a boil. Add shrimp and cook until opaque (3-5 minutes). Rinse under cold water; drain.
- Combine shrimp, dressing and the remaining ingredients with the noodles; toss to combine.
- This can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
DH really loved this ~ for me, it was good, but needed just a bit of something hot in it ... red pepper flakes or some chilies. I'll keep that in mind next time. Went together very quickly as I had everything prepared and ready to throw together. I think I'll also increase the dressing ~ it does get absorbed by the noodles. Thanks for posting ~ made and enjoyed for ZWT 6 - ASIA & the ZWT 6 Asian Diabetic Forum Challenge!