Shrimp With Creamy Orange-Chipotle Sauce
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 large chipotle chile, canned in adobo
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled deveined large shrimp
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place first three ingredients in a blender and puree until smoot. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray and add shrimp. Toss shrimp to coat with spray and sprinkle with the cumin and salt. Saute shrimp 4 minutes or until done, stirring frequently. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Reduce heat to medium and add half and half mixture to pan. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over shrimp and sprinkle with cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>