Shrimp & Tunisian Fresh Tomato Relish
I got this recipe from a co-worker and am posting it for safe-keeping. It is sauteed, marinated shrimp served over a fresh Tunisian relish of tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, scallions, cumin and garlic. I have not tried it yet but thought it sounded yummy.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 shrimp, 16/20 count, tails attached
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, toss shrimp with 1 tbs. olive oil, 1/8 teaspoons salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 1 tbs. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, scallions, garlic, cumin and remaining 1/8 teaspoons salt and saute for five minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes and saute for 3-5 minutes or until tomatoes are heated through. Transfer to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add marinated shrimp to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until pink.
- To serve, arrange shrimp on top on Tunisian Fresh Tomato Relish. If desired, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley. Serve hot or at room temperature.