Shrimp Tacos With Jalapeno Tartar Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Shrimp and fish tacos are some of my favorite meals. Here is one that come together fast if you use prepackaged slaw mix and do all the chopping for the tartar sauce in the food processor. Found this recipe in Cuisine at Home.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 corn tortillas
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 24 shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Stir together maynnaise, jalapenos, onion, cilantro, capers, and lime juice for the tartar sauce.
- Wrap tortilla in aluminum foil; warm them in the oven for 10 minute.
- Toss green and red cabbage in a bowl with 1 Tbs oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set asice.
- Mix chili powder with the 1 1/2 tsp salt; toss with shrimp. Sear shrimp in a large skillet in the remaining oil over high heat until shrimp are cooked through on both sides, about 3 min total.
- Serve shrimp inside a corn tortilla with cabbage and tartar sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION