Shrimp Tacos With Grilled Poblano and Avocado Salsa for Two
- Ready In:
For the Salsa
- 1 ear of corn, husked
- 6 green onions, white and light green parts only (about 5 inches)
- 1 poblano chile
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small Hass avocadoes
- 1 small bunch cilantro, minced
- juice of two small lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For The Tacos
- 1 lb shrimp, deviened and seasoned with salt & pepper
- corn or whole wheat tortilla, warmed
- Heat grill up to medium high.
- Brush corn, green onions and poblano chile with olive oil and place on grill. Grill until nicely charred. The poblano should be black. This will take about five minutes, flipping occasionally with tongs.
- When done, remove veggies from grill and let cool on a plate. When cool, peel the now black skin off the pepper, remove the seeds and chop into small dice. Run your knife down the corn to remove the kernels from the cob and place into a bowl with the pepper. Chop onion and place into bowl as well.
- Add chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes and cilantro to the bowl and add lime juice and salt. Season to taste and set aside.
- Grill the seasoned shrimp for only a few minutes until pink, being careful because shrimp cook extremely fast. When done, place shrimp into tortillas, top with salsa and eat immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!