Shrimp Steamed in Beer
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs shrimp, in the shell
- 3 (12 ounce) bottles beer (can be flat)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Wash and drain the shrimp.
- In a large saute pan or Dutch oven, combine the beer, thyme, dry mustard, bay leaves, garlic, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and 1 Tablespoon each of parsley and chives.
- Bring to a boil, add the shrimp and cook just until the shellfish turns bright pink, about 1 minute.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve from the pot or transfer the shrimp to a large bowl.
- Make a butter dipping sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan.
- Into melted butter stir lime juice, 2 Tablespoons each of parsley and chives, and hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Peel and eat shrimp to your heart's content - dipping in the butter sauce or just plain.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been a member since 2001.