Shrimp, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 lb raw tiger shrimp, finely chopped
- 2 lbs washed spinach, chopped
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 lemon, Juice of
- 1 lb medium mushroom, washed and stemmed
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over low heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned.
- Add shrimp, spinach, cheese and lemon juice.
- Fold the mixture over and over until spinach cooks down evenly and cheese is melted.
- Stuff mushroom caps with shrimp-cheese mixture.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.
Join The Conversation
I halved the recipe and more than enough to fill 4 large portafino mushrooms each weighing 100g, actually I think I could have filled 6 quite generously. The DM and I enjoyed our 2 each for lunch but agreed 1 1/2 each would have been adequate. I couldn't get gruyere so used swiss and my lemon was huge and I got nearly 1/2 cup of juice, used a 1/4 cup but use halve that again. Thank you Bella14Ragazza for a great lunch, made for Photo Tag, Fall 2008.