Shrimp & Scallop Marinara
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
If you love garlic, marinara sauce, shrimp and scallops you will adore this recipe. Omit the scallops if you don't care for them!
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 can del monte fresh packed tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 lb bay scallop
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tabelspoons of the olive oil with the garlic over medium heat.
- When the garlic starts to sizzle, add the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Heat the remaining oil in a stir-fry skillet over high heat.
- Add the shrimp and scallops.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp turns pink.
- Be very careful not to overcook the seafood, as it will become rubbery if overdone.
- Add seafood to the marinara, and stir in parsley.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Serve over pasta, and top with freshly shredded parmesan cheese if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION