My Husband favorite. A one dish meal. You can prepare everything up to putting in the oven, chill, till ready to heat. Serve with a nice crusty bread. Or skip the pasta and make Shrimp Parmesan Sandwiches. Check out the step X step for this recipe http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=223776
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra large shrimp, peeled and butterflied
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup breadcrumbs, well seasoned (Italian spices)
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- olive oil, for frying to cover bottom of pan
- 16 ounces of grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 -4 cups of you favorite italian tomato sauce
- 1 lb pasta, COOKED aldente (I use angel hair my favorite)
- olive oil, drizzled throughout the pasta
- parmesan cheese
- Open the shrimp up like a book and remove the dark vein.
- In a zip lock bag, place flour seasoned with salt and old bay toss in shrimp and shake to coat.
- Remove shrimp; to the same bag with the rest of the flour add panko, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk well eggs and mayonnaise.
- Dip floured shrimp into egg mixture then bread crumbs.
- In a large heavy bottom pan heat oil.
- Brown shrimp in batches and drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Spread 1/3 the sauce on bottom.
- Spread cook pasta on top of sauce.
- Spoon 1/3 sauce on pasta.
- Lay shrimp in a baking dish 1 layer.
- Sprinkle with with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with rest of sauce.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven till cheese is melted.
- About 15-20 minutes.