This is a very simple recipe that I cook quite often. And is it Yummy!! The recipe says it's for two but if I am hungry it will only feed me!! It is in a spicy(!) white sauce and placed on top of linguini.
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 large shrimp, deveined, tail on
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced with seeds
- 1 large roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 lb linguine, cooked
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Sauté onion and jalapeno about 3 minutes. Add garlic, diced tomato and shrimp and cook until shrimp is opaque,
- about 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and white wine and reduce until sauce thickens,
- about 2 minutes.
- Divide cooked linguine into two bowls and spoon sauce over. Serve immediately.
- Add a little parmesan cheese if you want.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a yummy dish and I think lovers of Italian food would give this a 5 star rating. The shrimp are flavourful and so is the reduced sauce. This is a great meal to prepare and eat on a busy week night - easy and tasty. With a name like "Diablo" though, we were expecting more heat. Next time I will add at least a 1/2 tsp of dried red pepper flakes to help with that.Reply
see 1 more