Shrimp Coconut Curry With Apples
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery, cut fine
- 2 chopped apples
- 3 cups coconut, soaked in
- 2 cups milk, for 15 minutes then drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Saute vegetables and apples in oil.
- Make paste of curry powder, ginger, and flour with boiling water and bouillon cube.
- Add milk and cook until thickened.
- Add shrimp, sherry and lemon juice.
- Heat slowly.
- Serve with rice.
- Serve condiments in separate dishes.
- Suggested condiments: fresh shredded coconut, chopped almonds, chutney, crumbled bacon, chopped tomatoes, chopped celery, chopped egg whites and yolks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!