Shrimp Cocktail-Mexican Style
photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- Place shrimp in a large bowl.
- Stir in garlic, red onion and cilantro.
- Mix in Clamato, ketchup, lime juice, minced serrano and horseradish.
- Season with salt.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Stir in avocado when ready to serve so it doesn't get too mushy.
This was wonderful. I used vegan shrimp, and it was perfect. The part that I made with real shrimp tasted just like what I had on SPI myself, which was what I was looking for. I didn't have any horseradish, but I did have some shrimp cocktail sauce, so I just used 1/4 cup of that instead. Exactly what I wanted it to be, thanks for posting!
Oh my this is EXCELLENT! If you like spicy this is a must try. The spicy shrimp paired with the creamy avocado is divine. I used frozen shrimp (thawed) and marinated 4 hours. This will definitely be made again & is going into my "best of" cookbook. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring '09 Pick A Chef.