Shrimp Boil Dinner
- Ready In:
- 2 quarts hot water
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages dry shrimp-and- crab boil seasoning (like Golden Dipt or Zatarains, whatever is your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, scrubbed and cleaned but not peeled (red)
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, unpeeled, rinsed and drained
- Combine hot water, seasoning bags, salt and lemon wedges in a 6-quart pot or Dutch Oven.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cut new potatoes in half. Place in boiling water; cover pot and simmer potatoes for 10 minutes; add corn to the pot.
- Bring water back to a boil; cover and simmer vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from pot; cover and keep warm.
- Return pot to a boil. Add shrimp. Cook shrimp in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain shrimp and serve with new potatoes and corn.
- Serve with cocktail sauce and additional lemon wedges if desired.
Join The Conversation
We love Boil N Pots- that we call them. We boil sausage for a while then add the taters, then the corn and shrimp. We use lemons- love it. Also have added button mushrooms and carrots- not my fave with those but makes it interesting. We love lots of Crab boil seasoning- I like the liquid form also. Great Summertime Dinner !