Shrimp and Tomatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another yummy and easy recipe from Everyday Foods. Serve this over soft polenta. I would have posted a recipe for polenta, but there are LOTS of delicious recipes here on Zaar already.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- Season the shrimp generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 Tbs oil.
- Add the seasoned shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, turning occasionally, 2-3 minute.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add remaining Tbs of oil to the pan, and cook the garlic and red pepper flakes until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and their juice along with 2 cups water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and stir occasionally until the tomatoes have broken down and become saucy, about 15 minute.
- Serve over warm polenta.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION