Shrimp and Sausage Skillet With Vegetables
photo by Morgan N.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 11 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 2 green peppers
- 2 carrots
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- peel and devein shrimp.
- throw them into pot.
- -Put 2.5 cups of water in pot.
- - Add 2 stalks chopped celery, 2 chopped carrots, 1 orange pepper chopped, and 1 yellow pepper chopped., 1 tablespoon minced garlic, and 3 bay leaves,.
- -Put pot on high and get water to a rapid boil. Cover pot while doing this.
- - Once boiling rapidly, reduce to low heat and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- -Strain pot and save sauce for later in recipe.
Instructions for Main Recipe:
- - Put skillet on medium-high heat.
- - coat pan in vegetable oil.
- - coat sausages in vegetable oil (use 1/2 of oil).
- - place shrimp on skillet.
- - Coat shrimp in black pepper and Cajun seasoning.
- - cook on one side 1.5 minutes.
- -Flip shrimp and repeat.
- Place shrimp in container and keep warm once done.
- - add peppers to skillet on medium-high heat.
- - cook 2 minutes.
- - Add sausages cook for 2 minutes on each side or until light brown- once done remove from pan and continue to add sausages until complete.
- - Add some garlic powder, cajun seasoning, and black pepper to sausages while cooking.
- - Remove peppers and place in container, once cooked- keep warm.
- - When sausages are done remove from pan.
- - Add shrimp back onto medium-high skillet.
- -Splash skillet with cooking wine and shrimp.
- - Add all sausages back into pan.
- - Add 3/4 cup shrimp stock.
- -Let cook for 2 minutes.
- - Combine shrimp, sausages, veggies, and stock in one large bowl and stir 50 times.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Here is my cooking blog! See all my recipes! https://mnixon21.wixsite.com/mysite Youtube Channel with Cooking Tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8mB-zbNJM0&index=4&list=PLVhEvhuawdgNPPGkwsi0c3a4s_h8Ql9u3 Twitter with Health tips and recipes: https://twitter.com/MmHealthandFood Business Info for Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC residents: https://businessdataindex.com/l/mmhealthandfood/5a4bdb7b43e1e6017cd67a31