Shrimp and Mango Salad With Glass Noodles
From Gourmet April 2007. A perfect light summer dish that is made in about 20 minutes.
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces very thin bean thread noodles (also known as cellophane, glass, or mung bean noodles)
- 1 lb cooked peeled, and deveined medium shrimp or 1 lb large shrimp
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1 pound)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh serrano peppers (to taste) or 1 teaspoon jalapeno chile, including seeds (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Cover noodles with boiling-hot water in a large bowl and let stand 8 minutes.
- Drain noodles in a colander and rinse with cold running water. Drain well, then return to bowl.
- While noodles are soaking, combine shrimp, mango, scallions, basil, and chile in another large bowl.
- Stir together vinegar, sugar, and salt in a measuring cup until sugar is dissolved, then toss half of sauce with noodles and half with shrimp salad.
- Serve noodles topped with shrimp salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION