Shrimp and Grits
Oh, how I love Shrimp & Grits! These grits alone are TO DIE FOR!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, without tails
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cook bacon, chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a separate pan, bring water, bouillon, butter and grits to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese, cover and set aside.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of the bacon grease (or butter, if you prefer not to cook with bacon grease) to a skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the shrimp with Cajun seasoning.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute per side.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the bacon, green onions, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the garlic and scallions are softened and the shrimp are done.
- Serve the grits in bowl and top with the shrimp. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION