Shrimp and Corn Chowder (Rachael Ray)
photo by januarybride
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- greek seasoning
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and patted dry
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and chopped crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (I used an orange bell pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth (chicken broth works well too)
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed (large ears)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- Heat 2 T of olive oil in a soup pot, add zucchini, garlic and bell pepper, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth and simmer for 15 minutes; add the corn, mushrooms and thyme during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with about a tsp of Greek Seasoning. Cook in a frying pan for approximately 3 minutes, turning once; shrimp will should be opaque when done. Stir hot shrimp into the soup and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!