Shrimp and Cheddar Patties
photo by ltdsaloon16r
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb cooked shelled shrimp, chopped coursley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 lb skinless red snapper
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine mayonnaise, cilantro and lime juice and set aside.
- Coarsely chop red snapper in a food processor, add Shrimp 3/4 cup bread crumbs, 1 1/2 cups cheese and 3 tbsp of mayonnaise mix, process untill combined Coat patties in rest of bread crumbs and cook in veg oil 3 minutes for each side or untill done.
- serve with remaining mayonnaise mixture.
I used Salmon (because I really LOVE salmon) and used fresh parsley (because I really HATE cilantro). Unfortunately I had to use lemon juice because, alas, I had neither lime nor juice of same and used cracker meal instead of breadcrumbs (personnal preference). These were still really good though. Next time (and there will be LOTS of "next times") I will be sure to have limes because I think that we'll like them even better then! Thanks for posting this!
These shrimp patties were wonderful. I used cod and shrimp because that's what I had in the freezer and I also used panco breadcrumbs, worked very well. Noticed you left the eggs out of the instructions, you might want to fix it, regardless we enjoyed them and will be making them again. Thanks for sharing, couldn't resist making the after seeing Evie's photo!
These are great, I only had 300gms of shrimp but I had a little more than 1/2lb of fish (I used Tarakihi) so thats the amounts I used, I also used panko in place of dried breadcrumbs which was a great substitution. Last night we had these as burgers with the mayo spread on one side of the burger bun a couple lettuce leafs and a few slices of tomato..served also with potato wedges..enough left over to make up for lunch today..deicious.