Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry Spicy
This is a versatile recipe that you can use as a basis for most stir fry recipes. You can add or omit what you like for you family's taste.
- Ready In:
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 lb medium shrimp (fresh or frozen )
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, you may omit if necessary (for heat)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, for thickening
- In a large sauce pan.
- add the vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, broth, soy sauce, and ginger. Bring to a slight boil.
- Add shrimp and fresh or frozen but thawed broccoli florets.
- Take some of the excess sauce and pour into a bowl (about 3 tbsp sauce and add 1 tbsp cornstarch). Whisk and return to pan. Bring to full boil and stir constantly.
- As soon as thickening begins, remove from heat and serve over white rice. You may also use one of them premade Asian vegetable medleys in this recipe and pour sauce over it.
- Can be used for beef, chicken or pork as well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION