Shrimp and Bacon Presents
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- 8 phyllo pastry sheets, 12x15-inch # 4
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into 16 pieces
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped small
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus 16 whole chives for trying purses
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- herbs, remoulade (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper, then sauté until pink and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes per side. Drain on a towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time and keeping the rest covered with a towel until ready to use, lay sheet out on a clean, dry work surface. Brush lightly with melted butter, then use a sharp knife to cut the sheet into quarters. Place one sheet on top of the other, making 2 doubled-up squares.
- Place a shrimp in the center of each square, top with a piece of cream cheese, then a teaspoon of bacon, 1/2 teaspoon chives, and season with salt and pepper. Pull up the corners, gently twist together, use a chive to tie around purses and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush the purse lightly with butter. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake purses for 10-12 minutes until golden and crisp.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!