Shrimp and Avocado Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
from Wildtree foods from the Light and Healthy Section. A lot like a healthy Pozole
- Ready In:
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 30 ounces white hominy, drained
- 10 ounces rotel style tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon wildtree natural grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon and 3 cups water or 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium tomato juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- sliced radish, for ganish
- cilantro, for ganish
- lime wedge, for ganish
- Place in large saucepan: onions, carrots, celery, hominy, .spices, rotel, and garlic. garlic. Heat over med/high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add water and bouillon, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for 7-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add shrimp and tomato juice, continue cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, garnish with avocado, cilantro, radish and lime wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION