Shrimp and Avacado Salad With Miso Dressing
photo by Mrs Goodall
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb raw shrimp, tails removed
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 avocados, pitted peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup edamame
- 6 cups chopped lettuce, of choice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, for serving
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts, for topping
For the Dressing
- 1 inch piece of fresh peeled ginger
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Agave
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Once hot, add raw shrimp and garlic. Stir. Sprinkle shrimp with chili powder and cayenne pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are no longer transparent and are golden on the outside, approximately 3 minutes each side.
- Prepare the salad bowls. Divide lettuce, avocado, cucumber, carrots and edamame between your bowls (2 bowls for very large salads, or 4 bowls for lighter salads). Top with fresh cilantro and peanuts and last, the prepared shrimp.
- Prepare the salad dressing- Place all of the salad dressing ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and add any additions you feel necessary (lime juice, agave, salt).
- Pour the miso dressing over the salad, toss and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
One of the old time founding members of Recipezaar. I live in Port Orchard, Washington. I LOVE to cook and bake nearly everything! I HATE to see people join the site, have no published recipes, but rag on another cook in a review on a recipe they haven't even tried or didn't follow. Oh, and I hate cilantro, too. :)