Shredded Veggie Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Note: The shredded fruits or veg can be carrots, zucchini, apples, squash, pears--you're pretty much only limited by your imagination. You can use a mashed banana for part of the three cups, too.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Combine juice or milk, eggs, oil and sugar in med bowl. Add wet to dry ingredients.
- Stir just till moistened.
- Fold in shredded veggies.
- Pour into greased 9" loaf pan. Bake 55-65 minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great, flexible recipe. Can easily mix-n-match veggies/fruits, as long as all are finely shredded (okay that's what works best with the kids, who love this bread). I find it a bit too sweet for my own tastes with the 1/2 cup sugar plus fruit juice, and I find that it is just as appealing to the kids with 1/4 cup sugar, no fruit juice, and 1/4 cup apple sauce in place of the oil. Very moist!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a writer, chief cook and bottle washer, GS leader, hunter of bargains and all-around domestic goddess. I love trying new recipes, and my daughters refer to Alton Brown as "Mom's boyfriend." I read voraciously, to the detriment of the hypothetical cleanliness of my house. I think white chocolate should be illegal, since it's not chocolate. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">