Shortcut Smoky Indoor Ribs
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 25mins
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and coarsely cracked black peppercorns
- 1 rack meaty pork spareribs (about 3 Â 1/2 pounds)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. If necessary, remove silver skin from the back of spare ribs with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix to combine dark brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, cayenne, cumin, dried oregano, garlic powder, 3 tablespoons salt, and 2 teaspoons peppercorns. Place spare ribs on a large piece of tin foil. Rub smoked paprika into the ribs first, followed by the spice mix. Fold tin foil around ribs, crimping to secure.
- Transfer to oven and cook until meat has pulled back from the bones, about 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk to combine liquid smoke barbecue sauce in a small bowl.
- Remove foil from ribs and pour any accumulated cooking juices into barbecue sauce. Whisk until smooth. Begin basting ribs with barbecue sauce and continue to bake, basting ribs every 15 minutes, for an additional hour, raising temperature to 400 degrees F for the final 15 minutes, until ribs are very tender and bones are nearly falling from the meat.
- Slice ribs into pieces and serve with barbecue sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!