Shoney's Broccoli Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I received an email today with a couple of copycat recipes in it. Here is one of them.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 6 cups broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place eggs in mixing bowl and lightly whip for approximately 20 seconds.
- Add broccoli florets, cooked rice, salt and pepper. Mix well to incorporate ingredients.
- Dice Velveeta into 1/4-inch pieces. Place diced cheese and half-and-half in microwave safe container. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Add to ingredients in bowl. Blend well to mix all ingredients.
- Spray 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Pour casserole mixture into pan.
- Place in a 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top casserole with Ritz crackers and cheddar cheese and cook for 5 minutes more, or until cheese melts and crackers brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION