Shhh! Don't Tell Them It's Squash Bread
From my mother's aunt's collection. This recipe doctors up a cake mix with some pudding and yellow crookneck squash into 2 sweet tea loaves. You'll never know there is any squash hiding in this easy & moist recipe. She originally got this recipe from the Chicago Tribune back in 1978.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (2 layer size mix)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 cups grated crookneck yellow squash, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend, using an electric mixer, for 4 minutes.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x5" loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for about 50-55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool in pans 15 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely.