Sherry Marinated Mushrooms
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms, wiped clean and trimmed
- Combine everything except the mushrooms in a large bowl.
- Add mushrooms and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate at room temperature until most of the marinade has been absorbed (about 1 hour).
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill with a lightly oiled vegetable grill rack in place.
- Grill mushrooms, tossing frequently, until well browned, tender and still juicy (about 10 minutes).
- Place mushrooms in a bowl and season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- After marinating, thread mushrooms onto bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for a minimum of 30 minutes and grill.
- Makes a great appetizer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This mushroom lover and two guests LOVED this easy-to-prepare dish. :) I opted for threading the mushrooms on skewers and serving them on a bed of rice. I used red wine vinegar. Always love garlic and thyme with mushrooms, and loved the subtle blend of flavours from the marinade. I shall be making this often: thanks for sharing what is now a new favourite dish!
see 2 more reviews