Sherry Creamed Mushrooms
An elegant side dish for those who love mushrooms. Great with steak.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh white mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 large scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms; cut stems into quarters; leave caps whole.
- In 12-inch skilllet over medium-high heat, melt butter; add mushroom caps and stems, scallions, and garlic; cook 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently until mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir sherry into flour to blend; stir in cream until smooth.
- Pour mixture into skillet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in salt and pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to blend flavors.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
"This deserves more than five stars, it's my favourite," said my husband after eating these mushrooms for the second time in the same week (I add a lot of mushrooms to use up!). And I agree with him. I doubled the amount of garlic to suit our taste and sprinkled with fresh chopped Italian parsley just before serving. Will be made many times. Thanks for sharing.1Reply
see 1 more