She Sells Sea Shells Pasta Salad for Kids!!
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 12mins
- 1 cup medium pasta shell
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces pepperoni
- 6 ounces deli honey-roasted ham
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 4 ounces ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse pasta and drain well; allow to cool (cool well as you don't want the cheddar to melt when you add it to the pasta).
- In a large bowl, add the cooled pasta.
- Slice honey ham into thin strips; add to the bowl.
- Add pepperoni and shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a smaller bowl, combine yogurt, ranch dressing, cider vinegar and honey. Mix.
- Add salt and pepper, if you like.
- Pour dressing over pasta and mix.
- Cover salad with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Join The Conversation
A wonderful pasta salad that is definitely for adults too! I actually played around with the ingredient amounts, but I believe I remained faithful to the spirit of the recipe. I used 1 lb. of medium shell pasta (I just didn't think 1 cup would be enough). I used 8 oz. each of sharp cheddar and honey ham, and 4 oz. each of pepperoni and Genoa salami. For the dressing, I used 8 oz. of plain Greek yogurt and 4 oz. of horeseradish ranch dressing (after all, this was for adults) and doubled the vinegar and honey. Well, it turned out perfectly and, thankfully, it made a lot, because we ate it up like crazy! Thanks for sharing this great twist on pasta salad. Made for Tazzy's win in Football Pool 2013- Week 4.
This was simple. I can definitely see my kids enjoying it. My 10yr old is out of town, and my 2 yr old wasn't interested in dinner tonight! LOL I enjoyed the dressing. I plan to modify it for a coleslaw dressing in the future. This was my first time using yogurt in a sauce and I loved it. I stuck to the recipe except for adding chopped celery for crunch and I used rotini pasta because I like the Mulit-grain, and it doesn't come in shells. Thanks!