photo by cajunhippiegirl
- Ready In:
- Pour milk into top half of double boiler.
- Add mace and cook 8 minutes over low heat.
- Add crabmeat, butter and cream.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Stir and cook 15 minutes over low heat.
- Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Remove from heat.
- Add crushed crackers and let stand several minutes to thicken soup.
- Stir in sherry just before serving.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty version of She-Crab Soup. I first had this soup many years ago in a little fishing village that was between Charleston & Myrtle Beach. This version tastes very similar. The only thing missing was the crab roe, but since in FL you can't harvest the female crabs, this was a close second. I boiled and picked my own crabs, I find the canned stuff to have a fishy smell. Very Yummy, will be making again. Tagged as a Bargain Basement recipe for the Something Old Something New; A Lucky Menu just for you.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I live in Hot Springs, AR, but originally hail from the great windy city, Chicago. I have a house full of animals, all rescues, 8 parrots, 4 dogs and a cat. I am passionate about animals, especially ones that have been abused and neglected. If I had the money, I would buy a farm and fill it with animals that needed homes. I've been this way since I was a child and it seems I have passed my passion on to my daughter. How my poor husband puts up with us I don't know, buy he's a great guy and pitches right in with all the animals. He's a chef at a local resort (and an assistant zoo keeper when he gets home...lol).