Shark Attack Pizza
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 4 (13 7/8 ounce) cans pillsbury pizza dough
- olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) bags shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 thick slices provolone cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can jumbo whole pitted black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni (about 35 slices)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans pizza sauce
- sriracha sauce, for decorating pizza
- 1⁄2 cup alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup diced orange bell pepper, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- basil, ribbons for garnish
- Position a rack in the middle of oven. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Draw a shark face on a sheet of parchment paper that fits on a full-sized sheet tray. Trim the outline with scissors and set aside.
- Position one full sheet tray horizontally and unroll 3 cans of pizza dough so that they are vertically side by side. Press and stretch to fit the entire sheet tray, pressing the seams together. Poke all over with a fork and brush with olive oil.
- Bake 7-10 minutes, rotating pan halfway, until cooked and bottom is golden brown. Let cool.
- Unroll remaining can of pizza dough onto a quarter sheet tray. Poke all over with a fork and brush with olive oil. Bake 7-10 minutes, rotating pan halfway, until cooked and bottom is golden brown. Let cool.
- Place the shark stencil on top of the large crust and trim with a paring knife. Transfer shark to a parchment-lined sheet tray.
- Using a printed fish template, trim 8 fish from the smaller crust, and any leftover scraps. Transfer to a separate parchment-lined sheet tray.
- Cut Provolone cheese into various sized triangles for teeth.
- Add black olives to a food processor and pulse until ground. Remove two tablespoons and set aside. Add about ½ can of pizza sauce to the carafe and blend together until smooth. Transfer mixture to a piping bag.
- Spread about 1 ½ cans pizza sauce over the shark crust. Top with shredded mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Spread four fish crusts with alfredo sauce. Top two with corn. Top the other two with sautéed bell pepper.
- Spread two fish crusts with tomato sauce and top with roasted red pepper. Spread two fish crusts with pesto sauce.
- Bake the shark pizza for 7-10 minutes, rotating halfway, until cheese is hot and melted.
- Trim away the mouth part of the shark stencil you drew. Place the shark stencil over the shark pizza and pipe the olive-tomato paste into the mouth area. Spread into a thin layer with a small offset spatula.
- Shape the reserved black olive paste into two eyes and position onto pizza.
- Position the cheese “teeth” in the mouth area. Outline the mouth with sriracha and add a little bit on some of the teeth to resemble blood.
- Bake the fish pizzas for 5 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish roasted red pepper pizzas with sriracha. Garnish pesto pizzas with basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with the shark pizza.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!