- Ready In:
- 1 lb steak, cut into strips
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 scallions, cut diagonally into strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Brown beef in hot oil in a skillet for about 5 minutes.
- Add water chestnuts, capsicum, scallions, salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes longer.
- Mix broth, water, soy sauce and cornstarch; stir into beef mixture.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Continue cooking the dish until the rice is soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Let the dish stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with parsley as a garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking, cooking shows, cooking web sites. I don't think i would want to be a chef I just love cooking for myself. My big thing is recipe modification. I will always change a recipe that I cook to try and get it just right. <br />I run my own business and get into the kitchen whenever I can.</p>