The BEST WAY to serve leftover mashed potatoes. We always make sure we have leftover potatoes at our house. These are sure to be a hit with your picky eaters. Really easy to vary ingredients with this dish.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups potatoes, mashed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, old, cubed
- 1 medium onion, sweet, minced
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Spread mashed potatoes in greased pan.
- Pressed the cubed cheese into the potatoes.
- Next spread the onions on top then sprinkle on bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Top with butter cubes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 45 minutes.
- *Variations: add 3 slices lightly cooked bacon crumbled, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 cup swiss cheese, jarlsberg cheese, monterey jack cheese or fresh herbs.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The family went crazy over these potatoes, BK! ;) We all appreciated those little "pockets" of cubed half-melted cheese and then we started to fight over them! I replaced half of the standard cheddar with an aged English bold & sharp white cheese. Homemade breadcrumbs, freshly grated Parm and to make my life easier-Yukon potatoes (no peeling!) Proud to say I ate all of the leftovers the next morning with a fried egg. This recipe would make for the perfect potluck or brunch offering. Prepared for the FYC tag game. Thank you!2Reply
I can't imagine having left over mashed potatoes, so I boiled up some potatoes for this recipe. I left them skin on and used 5 baking potatoes for the 9x13 pan, and it was just the right amount. They were a little drier than I preferred so would probably add some sour cream or something next time, but went over fine at the family dinner.1Reply
see 36 more