Shahi Tukra (Rich Bread Pudding)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Truly a royal dessert, as its name suggests, Shahi Tukra is a rich bread pudding with dry fruits, flavored with cardamom. It's simple to make and a great dessert for times when you're in a hurry.
- Ready In:
- 1 liter full-cream milk
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 6 -8 slices bread
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup sultana
- 1 cup oil, to deep fry the bread
- blanched slivered almond (to garnish)
- add milk in a thick-bottomed pan and boil till it reduces to half its original volume. Stir frequently to prevent from burning the milk. When it is done add the cardamom, mix well and remove from the fire.
- Cut the crusts off from the slices of bread/raisin toast and quarter the slices.
- Heat the oil on a medium flame.
- Deep fry the pieces of bread in it till they are crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels.
- In the same ghee, sautÃƒÂ© the raisins till they puff up. Remove from the ghee and drain well on paper towels.
- Put a layer of bread pieces at the bottom of a flat serving dish and top with the thickened milk mixture. Keep adding layers of bread and the milk mixture alternating as you go, till all the bread and milk mixture is used up.
- Garnish the dish with the raisins and almond slivers, chill for an hour and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION