Sfougato (Meat Custard)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Submitted for ZWT 9 Greece. This is from the Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery. This recipe was written before people were too concerned about their cholesterol - I would cut back on the amount of butter : )
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or less)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup grated feta (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion and squash in butter for about 15 minutes until veggies are soft, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- In butter remaining in pan cook beef, stirring until redness disappears, drain off the excess fat.
- Beat eggs; add milk, beef and the rest of the ingredients.
- Place in a 2 1/2 quart baking dish and bake for 45- 60 minutes until firm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION