Sesame Pork Rice
- Ready In:
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) bags boil-in-bag long grain rice
- 1 lb boneless center cut pork chop, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground fresh ginger, divided
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cook rice as package directs, but omit salt.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Toss pork pieces with 1/2 tsp garlic and 1/2 tsp ginger in a medium bowl.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 2 tsp sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and sauté 3 minutes or'til done.
- Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp sesame oil in the skillet.
- Add the remaining tsp of garlic and 1/2 tsp of ginger and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add rice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and vinegar and cook 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in the pork and cook 2 minutes or'til thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> <p> <p>Greetings from the palm of the Mitten State! I'm a 40-somthing gal with an awesome husband, Todd, and step-son, David. And I had the great privilege to be mom to the world's best cat, Bentley, for almost 12 years. As of 3/10/09 he's now free from all the ailments that plagued his past few years and is now a soft and gentle spirit who will be with me always. He was my best friend and the first real love of my life and leaves a cat-shaped hole in life.</p> <p><span style=color: #000000;>February 4, 2010, 2 new kitties joined our family. Nick and Nate were adopted from our local humane society and fill our home with purrs and laughter and lots of fur. We're lucky to have these two sweet kitty boys with us.</span></p> </p> <p>I'm a certified medical coder but currently enjoying being a stay-at-home cat mom. In past work lives I've been a corporate travel consultant, an auto claim assistant, a loan clerk, a secretary and an usher.<br /><br />I like to cook and LOVE to bake. It's great to share the gift of good food with my sweet wonderful husband, family and friends and co-workers. And I try to enter a couple different baked goods in my county fair each year.<br /><br />When I'm not working in the kitchen I enjoy reading, walking, scrapbooking, genealogy, and visiting with family and friends. I also love animals, and was a cat care volunteer at a local shelter for many years.</p> <p> <br /><br />R?E'S STAR RATINGS (effective for 2007 ratings and beyond) <br />5 -- Amazing! Incredible! Want to eat it or drink it all the time! Obviously this wowed us. Maybe it?s too decadent to make very often, but we can dream. <br /><br />4 -- Great! We loved it and will probably be having this frequently. <br /><br />3 -- Good . We liked it and might have it again, possibly with some changes. <br /><br />2 -- Passable. We ate it but won?t eat any leftovers and won?t be making this again, at least not as written. This will probably be due most often to one flavor being too strong. <br /><br />1 -- Inedible. There?s a critical error in the recipe. <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/berriesblinkie.gif alt=Image hosted by Photobucket.com /> <img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Animation1.gif alt=Image hosted by Photobucket.com /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/purplechefhat.gif alt=Image hosted by Photobucket.com /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/chef3.jpg alt=Image hosted by Photobucket.com /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/totmtaggame-1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/stacky5.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/CookathonforKarensticker.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg alt= /></p> </p>