- Ready In:
- 16 ounces fillets white-fleshed fish (4 fillets)
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 3 egg whites, beaten until frothy
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
- Brush fillets with the egg whites and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat thickly on one side only with the sesame seeds.
- Saute in oil, seed side down, until golden brown.
- Place seed side up on a cornmeal sprinkled baking pan and bake at 400 deg. until done - this will depend on the thickness of your fillets, probably will take about 5 minutes.
- Or, you can just turn over and panfry until done.
- Note1: Chef recommended grouper or red snapper; I've made this also with tilapia.
- Note2: Baking is really handy if you are making a larger quantity - that way you can finish all the fillets at the same time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
DELICIOUS and moist! I changed it up a bit! I lightly toasted 3/4 cup sesame seeds in an iron skillet over medium heat. I beat 2 egg whites with 1 T water and 1 T olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt, and some freshly ground pepper. I dipped 4 Tilapia fillets into the egg whites, then into the sesame seeds (both sides) ~ I skipped the pan frying and baked the fillets on a parchment paper lined pan at 425F for 11 minutes. I did not use the corn meal. Made for PRMR September 2012.