Sesame Crusted Chickpea Patties
These patties are a slightly different take on falafel as they are actually no-cook and served cold. They have a yummy chickpea sesame flavour and go great with all sorts of dips such as a cucumber or spicy tomato raita. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- Ready In:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (300 g) can chickpeas, drained (10 oz)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (may use toasted for extra flavour)
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients except for the sesame seeds.
- Puree the mixture either using a hand held blender or food processor.
- It should be a very creamy, thick puree with little to no chunks of chickpeas or onion.
- Shape into walnut sized balls and flatten slightly.
- Roll in sesame seeds and put aside.
- Serve with whatever dip you might like or on top of a nice green salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Thought these were VERY good, TRUE!<br/>DEFINATELY recommend using a hand mixer instead of a blender too!<br/>ALSO definately toasted sesame seeds do make a difference, at least to me,<br/>A VERY healthy, easy to make recipe!<br/>I served this with three different sauces and do think they did compliment,<br/>Did Fresh tomato salsa & capsicum dip, minted pea nacho dip and tzatziki dill dip....am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad this recipe to me was sent!<br/>Thanks!Reply