Sesame Asparagus..different and Delish!
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- Prepare asparagus by snapping off tough ends and peeling if stalks are very thick.
- Place asparagus in large sauté pan of boiling salted water and let blanch for 3-5 minutes, until tender, but not soft.
- Drain asparagus and put back in sauté pan and toss with sesame oil and soy sauce, over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until warm.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle asparagus with toasted sesame seeds prior to serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We love asparagus and really enjoyed this dish. I used low sodium soy sauce and added a splash of rice vinegar at the end of cooking to give some brightness and a touch of sweetness to the dish. I served this with an asian marinated pork tenderloin and coconut jasmine rice. What a great meal! thanks!