photo by Coasty
- Ready In:
- Mix the coconut milk, water, salt and egg together.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder and mix through the wet ingredients. Set aside while you make the sauce.
- Place all the ingredients except the fruit into a pan and heat until the palm sugar is melted. Add the sliced fruit and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a fry pan and spray with oil. Traditionally serabi is made small, about 2 tbsp of batter per cake but you can make them larger. Cook like a pancake but on LOW HEAT and cook on 1 side only, do not turn the cake.
- The top should be covered in little holes.
- Remove from heat. To serve spoon some sauce into a shallow bowl and then place the serabi on top so they float.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!