Sengalese Banana Fritters
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 -5 ripe bananas
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- In large bowl, stir the flour and sugar together. With an electric mixer, beat in eggs one at a time while adding 1/3 cup of milk with each egg. Mix until the batter is smooth and stretches like a ribbon.
- Coarsely chop the bananas and place them in a bowl. with fork, mash the bananas into a smooth puree. Stir the puree into the batter and let the mixture rest for at least 30 minutes in a warm place before frying.
- Pour the oil into a deep saucepan to a depth of 2 to 3 inches and heat to 365 degrees (really important) Drop 2 tablespoons banana batter into the hot oil, deep-frying 2 or 3 fritter at a time leaving enough space so they can spread.
- Fry until golden brown, turning once with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Recently relocated to Queensland, warmer seas for sailing and fishing. Aside from cooking for my family I do cake decorating (mainly wedding cakes) and recently unusual jams - adding spices and herb - and preserves and cheese making