Semolina Milk Soaked Cake
I have this recipe from my mother. It's quick and easy to make, excellent for kids as it contains almost no fat.
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 2 liter casserole with a little oil and line the casserole bottom with slightly oiled baking paper.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Thoroughly mix yolks with 4 tablespoons sugar and then add semolina one tablespoon at a time mixing well.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites and pour all the mixture into casserole.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes or or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, bring the milk with the remaining 4 tablespoons sugar to boiling point and add vanilla and lemond rind.
- Flip the baked cake over on a platter and remove baking paper.
- Soak immediately using a spoon to pour the hot milk all over the cake.
- Let cool completely before slicing horizontally and filling with your favourite jam. You can also put jam on top the cake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION