Seitan and Mushrooms in Paprika Cream
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 lb seitan, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 -10 ounces cremini mushrooms or 8 -10 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice milk, plus more if needed
- 1⁄2 cup plain silk soy coffee creamer
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a wide skillet. Add onions and saute over medium heat until translucent.
- Add seitan and mushrooms, cover and cook,stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown and seitan is browned here and there.
- Pour in wine and stir.
- Place flour in small bowl. Use some of the rice milk to dissolve flour into a smooth paste.
- Add remaining rice milk, dissolved flour, and Silk creamer to the skillet and stir together.
- Stir in the paprika and cook over low heat for 5 minutes longer.
- If sauce becomes too thick, thin with additional rice milk.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an ethical vegan, atheist, wife and stay-at-home mother of a 7 year old DD and 1 year old DS. I have also been known to hug a tree from time to time, but I don't do it professionally. I love life, walk around in awe of the universe, and am always made happier by things that smell delicious. Like pumpkin pie spice. And turmeric. We've been vegan since Fall '08, and are just starting to feel like we know the tricks of the trade...and Recipezaar has certainly made the transition easier. Yey Recipezaar!