MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Something a little different to serve with soup or stew, or for a snack with butter and jam.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sunflower and flax seeds, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the milk to form a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- With floured hands, turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times.
- Pat the dough into a 7-inch square.
- Cut into quarters.
- Cut each quarter into 3 strips.
- Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the centre of a 425 degree F oven until golden, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION