Sedona Orchards' French Onion Soup
photo by Galley Wench
- Ready In:
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until brown.
- Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and white wine. Stir constantly until mixture is reduced by about 80 percent. Watch carefully that it doesn't turn to caramel!
- Add reduction to large pan with beef consomme.
- Bring to a boil and stir in the sauted onions, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- For maximum flavor, this soup is better if you immediately cool and then reheat just before serving.
- To serve, spoon 6 to 8 ounes of soup in an ovenproof bowl, place a slice of sourdough bread over the soup and sliced swiss cheese over the bread.
- Place under broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside . . . Chardonnay in one hand . . .chocolate in the other; the body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"