Secret Ingredient Brownie
photo by Pneuma
- Ready In:
- 1 cup margarine (softened) or 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (4 2/3 ounce) package instant mint-chocolate pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix flour and baking soda, set aside.
- Combine butter or margarine, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and pudding.
- Add flour mixture and combine. Add chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375°F for approximately 20 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely. Cut into 24 squares. Frost with your favorite fudgey frosting if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OMG! This is sooo good! While I was making this, I realized there was no cocoa powder or chocolate squares asked as these are usually used in brownies. But lo and behold these turned out marvelous! I placed some of them in the large muffin silicone pan(about 1/3 cup/each)to resemble brownie sizes but in individual molds so I don't have to cut them. I was afraid that I might have overdone them as the top looked a bit dry, but wow when I took a bite, they were so moist! If these are superb, I wonder how much more with the fudge topping! The secret ingredient sure is perfect! Thanks for posting this! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of a lovely baby girl born March 08, 2008. I absolutely love to bake. Baking is my meditation, it is my hobby, my peace! My favorite times of the year are summer and the holiday season because there are barbecues, and family gatherings for which I get to cook. I work in customer service. So, I am in an environment where everyone needs some comfort baked goods. One of my favorite things to do is to create healthy or "clean eating" recipes. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">